Cleaning Cellular Shades, Safe and Easy
Cellular shades, also known as Honeycomb shades, are a popular choice for your home. They are available in a variety of colors and sizes to fit any budget and decor. Cellular shades are one of the most energy smart window treatments saving you money on your energy bills. With proper and preventative care, cellular shades will last a long time. Cleaning cellular shades can be safe and easy if you follow a few simple steps.
How to Clean Them:
1. As a preventative measure, it is good to dust cellular shades on a weekly basis. Use a feather duster or lightly vacuum with a brush attachment.
2. Dampen a sponge with lukewarm water and a small amount of mild soap. Use this to gently wipe the shades, careful not to rub the material too hard.
3. Use a soft towel to blot away any moisture from the shade and then let air dry in the open.
4. Some cellular shades such as Hunter Douglas Duette shades have an anti-static fabric and require only a light brush with a vacuum cleaner attachment. Use a damp cloth to gently wipe them down if more care is needed.
5. It is good to see how the shades will react to water by checking a small corner of the shade before cleaning the entire area or removing a particular stain.
6. Some stains, such as a water stain, can be tricky so it is best to contact a professional for suggestions.
Finally, if you are not sure about cleaning cellular shades, contact us here at Home Decor Solutions and we will provide you with more helpful suggestions. We are just one click, one call away.